Wednesday 13 April 2011

Spring

Today I have decided to try something that I didn't mention in the introduction: finding a variety of poems for just one thing. With spring approaching, I have decided to collect various poems about said season, or ones that somehow remind me of spring (and to make it more interesting, I have decided to get only haikus). Anyway, here are the poems:

Yes, spring has come
This morning a nameless hill
Is shrouded in mist
-Basho   (This poem is only the interpretation of one translator, as the original is in Japanese)



My spring is just this:
A single bamboo shoot,
A willow branch
-Issa       (This, too, is translated)

Fresh young leaves
The sound of a waterfall
Both far and near
-Buson   (More translation)

Morning mist speaks of
Life hidden beneath dark soil
Awaiting first rain
-Anonymous

2 comments:

  1. I quite like haikus
    What a cool blog idea
    Very creative
    (See what I did there?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think that you should post your own poetry, because you're good at that sort of thing.
    The poetry you posted was cool anyway, though seeing the original Japanese versions would also be nice...

    ReplyDelete